[ inception ] [ fanfic / afanfic ] [ dis / trade / srs / projects / 3d / fanart / afanart / oek / tits / rpg / dumps / cosplay ] [ offtopic / vg / zombies / gay / resources / upl ]
Return Entire Thread Last 50 posts First 100 posts

Request Thread Go! (122)

1 .

Last one autosaged, so it's time for a new one.

This idea just won't leave my head. Feel free to denounce it as stupid, but I keep thinking of the whole team getting teleported to feudal Japan, and somehow Demoman ends up being worshiped as a physical incarnation of Amaterasu. Meanwhile, Japan has no idea what the fuck to make of the rest of the team, but assumes that they're with Demoterasu and so they're venerated on general principle...

I'd also love to see Scout or Soldier struggle with ceremonial robes (I think some of them had up to twelve layers).

2 .

>>1

Medic could dress as onnagata and be Benten, and Heavy could be Hotei!

3 .

>>1

Sounds hilarious. I'm all for it.

4 .

If Heavy can afford to give 7,000 bucks away just like that, then the RED team must be making some serious bank from their jobs. What do you think everyone else does with their riches? God knows what Scout blew his money on when he got his first paycheck...

5 .

I had thought of the same thing recently, but modern Japan rather than fuedal.

6 .

You know what we need? More Archimedes/the rest of Medic's doves. I've seen a few fics already, but they're far and in-between.

Personally, I'd love to read something depressing about Archimedes. All the stories I've read him in so far portray him as silly and generally hilarious, but I would love to see someone write a story that's a little gloomier. Maybe Archimedes gets accidently shot and killed during a ceasefire by a careless teammate, or maybe the poor little bugger just gets sick and Medic has to take care of him. I've owned several rock doves in the past and I've learned from experience that they're very finicky about their health. One day they can be perfectly fine, and the next they might as well just keel over because they got sick overnight. This request might be a nice excuse to do some introspective writing about Medic, too.

Bonus points if there's Medic/Heavy: whether it's a romantic pairing or just friendship is up to the author. Also, I'd love to see the writer explain why Medic has so many friggin' doves in the first place.

>>4

I don't know whether to be curious or downright mortified. God knows what trouble Scout could get himself into with that much cash. Either way, I second this.

7 .

They should take that money and lose it all in Vegas
But maybe I just want to see Sniper acting like Hunter S. Thompson

8 .

My firstborn to whoever writes about the guys trying to deal with a Graboid (monsters from Tremors) infestation.

9 .

I've read a couple of fics that include the mercenaries needing to travel to new map locations but the actual "travel" part is usually cut short in favor of the arrival and destination, so I'd like to see something centered entirely around the trip itself.

Perhaps with odd circumstances, like a few members of the BLU team being forced to travel with the RED team because the BLU's vehicle ran out of space.

I'd prefer if romance was kept to a minimum, but I wouldn't mind some cross faction Sniper/Spy.

10 .

>>7

We sort of had a fic like that... owltiem wrote a With Apologies to Hunter S. Thompson forever ago, from Spy's point of view. But it was mostly in the desert and just trippy and weird.

>>8

I would read this.

11 .

Jus reposting my request from the previous thread:

A while back (before the server crash, I think) somebody posted in one of the head canon threads their idea that Scout had polio as a child and loves to run so much now because the polio isn't holding him back anymore. (I think it was something along those lines). Anyway, I just remembered it the other day, and the more I think about it the more it intrigues me.

So yeah, I'd love to see a story using this concept.

12 .

>>8

Holy crap yes. I love those movies and the setting is perfect. May have to try that.

I recall reading a similar story about Sniper vs a giant worm monster of some kind that was good.. forgot the title though.

13 .

The 60's was the era in which a number of cultural mainstays came into being: the Teenager, popular culture, and advertising as an industry. Resulting in things like radio serials sponsored by soap companies and the like..

I would like to see what the team(s)'s reaction would be to finding a disturbing new series showing on their TV, based on the TF2 'verse. Creepily similar to their daily lives, but *glossy*. Similar down to the casting of actors and accents.

Except for one very simple difference - he mysterious writers of this TV series know very well what would go over well with the viewing public. So it's twisted just enough so that there is fanservice and fandom teasing. And perhaps product placement..

Imagine the conflicted emotions between "Hoshit they're on to us", "Dammit they got it wrong", and "What's their game this time?"

Who would start checking for hidden cameras? Who would get letters from family/penfriends gushing/ranting about the show, and struggle to not reveal what their day job is like? Who would start buying products illustrated on the show? Or merchandise? And who would stumble on fanfic(ahahaha)?

(And it needn't be set in the canon 60's either. The key here is not to _actually_ break the fourth wall. )

Muahahaha

14 .

(Is bumping allowed in a request thread ? I do hope so.)

What I would love to see, is a fic about Spy's halloween costume ( the invisible man )

Something about his watch glitching up and him being invisible ALL the time, excluding his clothes ? Like the true invisible man. I would love to see a small fanfic about that.

15 .

>>12 Was it "Wonambi"? Mwa ha ha!

>>8 Want me to take a stab at it? Kind of already did something like it, but what the hell. I've got to finish up "Double Feature", but I'm always up for Captain Ahab-bin' it.

16 .

>>15 There's a baby in it for you if you do. But no need to rush it if you already have a full plate. Ever since seeing Tremors I've thought the Graboids would be great opponents.

17 .

I would love a TF2/Inception crossover.

18 .

>>17 Continuing with the crossover theme, anyone here ever see <i>Paprika</i>?

(if not, watch here: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/paprika-english-dubbed)

If there's anyone out there willing to take this on, I will pledge to them my undying love and ability to find where you've left your keys.

19 .

This post has been deleted.

20 .

Brian Blessed becomes the tenth class.

21 .

>>20

Seconded.

22 .

>>13
bump because i would totally read it. if i wasn't already working on a story, i'd tackle this.

23 .

Anything involving plywood-cattle rustling and (either or both of the) Engineer's reaction to said event. (My mind goes to strange places sometimes.)

24 .

Engie as Pygmalion! He's always been a hands-on, DIY sort of guy. So why not make himself his dream mate?

For reference, if you want to make it a little darker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZ7aEm_Ex8
Translation of lyrics here:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/traumfrau-dream-woman.html-0

If you want to inject comedy,what happens when the teammates find out and want to get on board, to turn it into a group project? Make a dreamboat by committee! Hilarity ensues.

25 .

>>24

You say "Pygmalion" and I think of George Bernard Shaw's play. Is that partially what you mean, or are you wholly referring to the song you've linked?

26 .

>>25
I was referencing the original Greek myth, actually. Where Pygmalion the sculptor carves a statue that Aphrodite brings to life and names Galatea.

The song linked to has darker overtones of D/S and codependency. Which could add spice if writer was so inclined.

27 .

based off of a doodle I came across on fumblr (I believe done by zealman), Soldier acting like Teddy Roosebelt is his and Engineer's son. Maybe Solly has to calm down a jealous Shovel? M-maybe Shovel accidentally decapitates Teddy and Soldier does a terrible job of sewing the head back on?

Meanwhile Engineer doesn't know what to do or feel.

28 .

I want to see some Team vs. Slenderman action, guys.

I will not die a happy woman until this happens.

29 .

I would like to see some shipping fic with Miss Pauling. Of any rating, really, but with actual Plot and Characterisation, not just gratuitous fluff or porn

I know there's been a bit of kerfuffle on teh interwebs about this pairing, but I would dearly like to see some Medic x Miss Pauling, in particular.

Specifically, it is important to me that it isn't some sort of Medic x You thinly disguised. Miss Pauling is clearly a very intelligent woman, and would have to have some steel in her spine to work with the TF2 boys and the Administrator. So consider the gauntlet down.

30 .

A Dexter's Lab parody with Dellster constantly getting his machines destroyed by SpySpy

31 .

Okay. This isn't as clever as a lot of the ones on here, but I'd love to see a fic about Medic trying to do self-surgery to give himself an ubered heart. Stories about it just going horribly wrong (all for blood and gore here) and his teammates having to step in and help.

32 .

Okay, I'm probably betraying my vintage nature, but I'm a big fan of Gaiman's Sandman from waaay back.

What would Death have to say about Respawn? I've read short fics about the moments between death and the actual respawning at base; would she be visiting and interacting in that splintercrack of time?

Would Delirium be comfortable wandering the halls, and who would she make a point of chatting to? Medic? Demo? Is Solly one of hers? Is Destruction slumming it as Saxton Hale? (Heh)

TL:DR - So I'd like to see a little crossover with TF2.
(Captcha: powers ondivr)

33 .

>>28 Ooh, this one kinda turns some gears in my head. I might just do something with this. Might.

34 .

this is really interesting.

35 .

>>32

Delirium would probably have the most fun with Soldier. I'd like to see the two of them interact.

And yes, I'd love to see Death and Respawn. Make it so.

36 .

He's Coming! Hide your children, hide your wife, and for gods sake don't forget about your mother! Am I talking about a Red Spy on the rampage? No! I'm talking about Nicholas Crowder, the Australians warped version of Santa Clause gone bad... and not in a good way.
While I admit that I do enjoy a good story brimming with holiday cheer turned exceptionally eccentric due to the shenanigans of our favorite Teams awaiting the yearly visit from the fat man up north, what I'm looking for is a story detailing the gut-twisting fear and paranoia of an invasion from the scarecrow down south. could be sniper-centric or better yet both Teams slowly but surely losing their shit as December 18th creeps ever closer.

37 .

>>32

Mus, take comfort - you're not the only vintage edition here and I can already see that odd little smile the lady with the ankh necklace is wearing as she watches the battlefield.

I think she'd be amused.

38 .

>>37 - It's not often she gets to talk with someone more than once, even if they don't remember what they said last time.

I've thought about this myself, and I've come to think that Soldier is one of Dream's: he's convinced himself of something, and as a result, he's living in an extreme, warped version of reality that's also very clear and focused in a way that reminds me quite a bit of the comic's story of Emperor Joshua Norton.

Pyro seems more to be Delirium's, although that might be my own headcanon talking.

39 .

The prompt about respawn and Death from Sandman just reminded me of something - has there ever been a story where respawn makes it impossible for the REDs and BLUs to die even after the war's ended? If not, then I propose something where they live out the rest of their post-war lives and when they eventually die, they come back exactly like they were at 2Fort. Would they eventually get tired of outliving all their friends and loved ones and team up to find and destroy the respawn mechanism?

40 .

>>39

Oh my... Seconding this so bloody hard because it is a freaking FANTASTIC idea

41 .

Has there ever been a space exploration parody for TF2? It seems like something that should be a natural extension, considering the pursuits of the Space Race and the popularity of Star Trek.

I don't know. Maybe I just want to see the Soldier fight a Gorn, then try to make it with space babes. Or an Amok Time parody with Australians.

42 .

>>39

Hmmmmmm... that is interesting...

43 .

>>39 Oh I would love to see that ! Definitely voting for that one!

44 .

I'm ecstatic. I finally found a great soldier to pocket. Can we get some sweet Medic/Soldier in here?
I'd love some awkward Solly trying to show Medic his appreciation (shoving wild daisies at him, getting flustered etc. etc.)

45 .

How about some Scout/Sniper fluff? I think its honestly a adorable pairing that needs more love. So what about one taking the other to meet the family? Also bonus points if its hinted Scouts the man in the relationship.

46 .

I want a story where spy continues to show up in this kid's life like a very violent fairy godmother

Also, what was the first part of medic's funny story in MTM

47 .

My mind's been bugging me about a story idea that I'd really like to see realized. You guys know about the 'story timeline' and how all this mercenary RED vs BLU business is going on in the summer of 1968 and about the 'original' 1968 mercs (the ones featured in the comics). I'd like to see something with those same guys, but about three years later and they've seen the worst shit and they're all shell-shocked and insane (more so).

48 .

In quite a few people's headcanon, Medic's a classical music aficionado. What if his musical tastes were actually really embarrassing or not exactly something you'd associate with a man of learning instead?

49 .

>>48
I want to see this.
In my headcanon, he likes folk music.

50 .

>>49

Accordions. And lederhosen. And dirndls. And dancing the schottische around the medbay when nobody's watching. Oh, dear.

51 .

RED Spy is turned into a tentaspy and Scout's mom finds out. How would she react?

52 .

Ever since the True Meaning comic came out, I'm incredibly interested to see what sort of friendship the Engineer and the Pyro have going on. If anybody is up for it, I'd love to see a little exploration of how Engie and Pyro interact both on and off the battlefield.

If Pyro/Engie doesn't appeal to anybody, maybe somebody out there could explore the relationship (platonic) between Sniper and Engie. Maybe give a little back story as to why Sniper calls Engie 'truckie'.

53 .

This is probably going to be an odd request, but eh.

I just recently, like a couple of days ago, started getting really into the TF2 fandom. And I was browsing around for fics and arts and I came over this story called The Nucleus Incident. Or rather, I didn't come over the story, but the talk OF it.
It seems the author has deleted the story off the two main sites it was hosted and from what I saw it seemed to be a really well written story that appealed greatly to me, so I was just curious if there was anyone that knew of a place where I could read it?

54 .

>>53
I was all like "oh that's on her livejournal!" Then I clicked the link and it wasn't there! Now I'm sad.

I heard she quit the tf2 fanbase all together.

55 .

>>54 That's unfortunate. She had some really neat imagery.

Here's hoping someone had it archived.

56 .

It's a shame she never finished it; I really wanted to know where it was going. As it is, here are all sixteen chapters, plus two side-stories unrelated to the main plot.

megaupload.com/?d=OUXTBPEG

57 .

Fifteen chapters, not sixteen; apologies for the mistake.

58 .

>>56.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to the megaupload, it says the file is missing.

59 .

Is there a story where the Spy ends up becoming invisible indefinitely and has to deal with not being able to be seen by his teammates?

60 .

Here's something for you ladies to consider:

A while ago, I heard someone describe the Medic as 'immature.' I want to see a fic where Medic is one of the more childish and restless mercs and gets into trouble for it. Bonus points if there's some Medic/Heavy fluff.

61 .

>>60

I might take this one up

62 .

We all know pyro's identity is a mystery. Man, woman, herma-fellow or machine... Pyro could be anything! After the recent announcement concerning meet the Pyro, I found myself browsing the tf2wiki pages for a bit when I stumbled across something I'd preveously only given a passing glance at.

Saxton Hales Jungle Brawl.

Thats when it hit me. What if Pyro were actually an Ape? I don't think this has been done and I'd be tickled pink if someone even considered casually putting this in as just an intersesting tidbit within their own stories.

63 .

ZOMBIES.

Thank you.

64 .

>>63

Already been done. Go check out Cat Bountry's excellent "Respawn of the Dead."

http://dotchan.com/?p=1634

65 .

>>64
MORE ZOMBIES.

66 .

>>65
COULDN'T HURT.

67 .

>>65

In /zombies/ there’s a zombie story with the guys from Team Fortress. It’s pretty good, there is sex so more suited for /afanfic/ but you should definitely read it

68 .

>>39 If nobody's on this already... I imagine a conflict would happen, myself, between the team members. Like, some of them would obviously rather not live forever but I can see another side to it. Medic, for example, wouldn't ever get bored of living as long as there was experiments to run and science to be done. I could imagine him being pretty delighted at the idea of staying alive indefinitely and I don't know how he would react if their respawn mechanic was everyone-or-nobody.

I just think a variety of reactions would be really cool. But seeing them unified would also be cool, implying their fire-forged friendship went further than their merc work.

I second this.

69 .

To whichever admin reads this; I think this thread should be stickied. I don't often see it climb to the top of the board, so it might be a good idea.

And since I'm on a request thread...I would like to see a story where as many lines as possible are song titles/lyrics. Bold them or something so we know which are which, but don't tell us where they came from. Trying to find out is the fun part!

Just a suggestion for anyone who wants a challange. I might do this myself if I find the inspiration/time.

70 .

Medic meets Shuu from Hatoful Boyfriend.

71 .

I'd like to see a Twilight Zone crossover, where creepy TZ-style occurrences keep popping up around the fort; maybe the team is stuck there for some reason and they're driven mad, or maybe they decide to find the cause...whatever you want to do, hypothetical fic-writer, I would be happy to read it.

72 .

Soldier stumbles upon/saves Medic (who has a bone to pick with the Reich, perhaps they stole his medigun research? killed his family? his gay lover?) during his rampaging tour through Europe and they end up becoming a team and exterminate Nazis together.

They start out hating each others guts and just dealing with each other out of necessity and common goals. It's up to the writer if it evolves to friendship, bromance, romance, or nothing has changed and they still hate each others guts. (I'd prefer the first three as there's not enough friendly Soldier/Medics around here.)
In the end they either go their separate ways or stick together until their employment with RED/BLU.

There are two major scenes I'd love to see written out:

One, where Soldier gets bashed in the head and Medic, who has been trying to cobble together a working medigun for some time, finally gets it to work and saves his life. However, it leaves Soldier with permanent/long lasting PCS (post concussion syndrome) and this is the Soldier that we see today.

The other involves Medic dying and having Soldier either use the medigun on him or kidnapping a doctor to save him. Either way, it helps cements their friendship or at least how much they're accustomed to each other.

73 .

The guys secretly love to gather together and cuddle each other to sleep from time to time.

74 .

I would literally die a thousand happy deaths if somebody wrote a Team Fortress 2/The Hunger Games crossover where each of the nine classes ended up in the games at the same time.

The Scout could outrun all of his opponents and (most likely) the hazards the game makers would create.
The Soldier is a fearless homicidal maniac, much like the career tributes.
The Pyro is a little unbalanced, so who knows how he would fare.
The Heavy has size and brute strength on his side.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Seriously, it could be epic!

75 .

Scout's grew up in house full of seven older brothers, so he didn't have much trouble adjusting to joining the team because it wasn't really that much of a change from back home to him. Anyway, shortly after he signs up and after he starts to form friendships with a couple of the other guys, he mistakenly call one of his new buddies his "brother" to a civilian. Bonus points if Scout's "brother" finds out and finds it hilarious.

76 .

More of RED spy as BLU scout's father (Big whoops after Medic's blood test), but expressing his affection in really roundabout ways. Maybe singing telegrams if it's crack.

77 .

Has there been an Engineer teleporter mishap story based on The Fly? Preferably with a happy ending.

78 .

>>77

Engie could get crossed with the teddy bear (sorry, I can't remember its name, but I'm talking about the one in Stitches).

79 .

>>1
Amataseru... hey wait a second, isn't she supposed to be, you know, a goddess? Doesn't detract from the hilarity of it, though.

>>6
What I'd love to see is a oneshot with Archimedes and Scout, with Archimedes constantly harassing him but eventually the two become sorta friends.

80 .

This post has been deleted.

81 .

>>77

Preferably with a happy ending.
[i]Have you actually watched either movie?[i]

THERE ARE NO HAPPY ENDINGS IN THE FLY.

82 .

>>80
>>81

Wow I managed to mess up the bolding and italicizing twice.

83 .

>>77

I'd see it better for the Spy, just for that scene where the fly/man screams "Kill me".

84 .

>>81 Yes, that's why I felt the need to add the desire for a positive outcome. I'm sorry.

85 .

>>84

Well, now you're just tempting me to write this with the most heartbreaking ending possible.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR WANTING A POSITIVE VERSION OF TWO OF MY FAVORITE FILMS.

86 .

Aww come on I just wanted to see something different from tentaspy, and those stories never seemed to get solved.

87 .

>>86

... Wow, I think you might have a point, has anybody ever finished a Tentaspy story that's longer than a one-shot?

88 .

>>87

Water, by Corvine...uh...

I'm ashamed at not finishing my own Tentafic now.

89 .

I know most are sick of tenta-spy, but I humbly request someone write a fic where Sniper falls into the water between the two bases of Teufort somehow (Maybe escaping/being blown off the battlements by an enemy Soldier/Demo?)

Anyway-- he gets dragged off into the sewers by a man he thought had retired years previous-- his old enemy, the Spy. Only-- the Spook isn't quite the same as he remembered... and the Spys' after more than food or revenge.

Please-- I'm going through withdrawal here, the text boards aren't as active as they use to be.

Thanks to any who consider!

90 .

This is probably done, but I say a GMV on YouTube with the concept and I thought it was kind of neat.
So, the movie '9'.
What if instead of the stitchpunks, the TF2 guys survived the onslaught by virtue of Respawn?
Or maybe they ARE the stitchpunks?
Maybe they meet the stitchpunks?

I don't really care how you go about it, just so long as it's in the '9' timeline. Oh, and if at all possible, with this lineup:

1 - To Protect Us - Medic
2 - To Inspire Us - Engineer
3 - To Define Us - Pyro
4 - To Teach Us - Spy
5 - To Guide Us - Sniper
6 - To Lead Us - Demoman
7 - To Defend Us - Soldier
8 - To Guard Us - Heavy
9 - To Save Us - Scout

Thanks~

91 .

>>90

Seconded this. Although... would making Soldier 7 mean he's female? And Pyro and Spy as twins? Would be funny to read, for certain.

92 .

Yo, somebody needs to write a fic where the Team gets sick of Mann Co., rebel, and forms a task force to take out Redmond, Blutarch, Helen and Saxton for good. Or something.

93 .

So I don't know if anyone even reads this thread but I'd love to read something based on this prompt:

Sock race. Everyone knows what they are, right? The thing where you slide around in your socks on a hardwood/lino floor?

Scout starts it, Pyro joins in for the hell of it. Spy decides he'll be damned if he lets an idiot Scout and a psychopathic manchild beat him at anything. Soldier joins in to show that Frenchie coward how real men sock-race.
Demo's drunk, what's your excuse?
Engie realizes that efficiently using socks to cover a maximum amount of distance in a minimum amount of time is a practical problem.
Sniper declines, but does try to knit the ultimate racing sock.
Heavy is a willing audience to the whole thing.
Medic realizes his team is made up of idiots.

94 .

Would someone please put 93s idea into reality.
I laughed from reading just the prompt.

95 .

>>13 >>27 >>28 >>48 >>60 >>62 >>72 >>74 >>75 >>93
I am seconding all of these so freaking hard. Now, if only I could actually write and be useful to this fandom.... The sock race in particular would be an very interesting thing to try out.

Also >>85 Cat, if you do this you will receive my first born child, all of my hats and a tray of cookies.

96 .

@92, well seeing as they apparently make millions of dollars doing their jobs, I doubt they'd get fed up.

97 .

>>95

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no interest in writing any Tentaspy fic, let alone a multi-chapter piece.

I don't want your damn kid anyway, you keep it.

I'll take them cookies and hats though if you're not using them.

98 .

>>97 Meh, fair enough. It's not like I ever want children anyway.
They'd make for nice little slaves, though.

99 .

@98

Holy crap that's cold

100 .

I second #1, 11, 13, 14, 17, 32, 39, 41, 48, 51, 60, and 93. Some because they are funny, and some are just awesome.

Here are a few crossover ideas--
Shin Megami Tensei/Persona
X-Men (bonus points if Medic is Nightcrawler)
Teen Titans
Pokemon
Digimon (preferably Tamers or Savers)

101 .

>>71

Don't tempt me.

-

DF38 and I were talking about how we'd like to see something about Heavy in his younger years, when he was in the gulag with his family. I'd try to write it myself, but I'm a little hesitant to try and tackle a tragic historical occurrence I'm not very familiar with.

If someone thinks they have the tact, knowledge, and balls to try it, I'd totally back them up.

102 .

A few more ideas--

-An AU where the mercs are competing a capella groups
-Kryptonian!Medic
-A Back to the Future-type story

103 .

A few more ideas:

-A Sonic x-over (bonus points if the mercs get turned into Mobians)
-Dimension hopping
-Pokemon x-over
-The mercs watch Star Wars

104 .

-The mercs watch Star Wars
I wrote a thing for that in one of the previous request threads. It's on my LJ at http://dotchan.livejournal.com/255344.html

105 .

A dayat the beach with the guys wearing these
http://itsokayimanartist.tumblr.com/post/37889892360/tf2-swimwear-headcanons

106 .

This only just occurred to me, but Medic seems like the kind of guy who would get invited to Rapture. There will be many hugs and cookies for anyonenwho can make this happen. I'd rather he didn't go by himself though, Engie might come with him, or the whole team could go. Mega bonus points if Heavy gets turned into a Big Daddy!

107 .

@106: Seconded.

And I still want a Superman!Medic. Very very badly.

108 .

>>101

If you're still interested, and think you could possibly do something on Heavy's younger years if you had sufficient reference materials, I can pass some on to you.

Just offering since I could easily get my hands on some .pdfs of academic journal articles on the topic if you thought you might like to have them.

And so I haven't left without posting something more relevant to the thread itself, here's a quick prompt, in case it's of interest to anyone...

A fic taking a springboard from the idea that teams were cloned, and neither know who the originals are, but aside from the money involved, the incentive for success is that the eventual winners get to take up "their" lives again after their contracts are over.
Whether the losers are killed off, or given new identities and told never to contact anyone who knew them prior to taking the job at RED/BLU, is up to the author's discretion.

109 .

108: Seconded.

Anybody need me to clear up my suggestions?

110 .

And a few more suggestions--

-Cosplaying mercs. Bonus points if one of them likes anime.
-A de-aging fic (there was a similar request in the afanfic request thread)

Oh, and here are a few images that might spark a story:
-http://chronicler-of-soul.deviantart.com/art/SERIOUSLY-334156003
-http://chronicler-of-soul.deviantart.com/art/I-CAN-FLY-152158262
-http://chronicler-of-soul.deviantart.com/art/Super-Spidy-Scoot-199903556
-http://chronicler-of-soul.deviantart.com/art/Sniper-in-a-jam-234157236
-http://chronicler-of-soul.deviantart.com/art/TF2-Magical-Doktor-at-your-service-269155806

111 .

To clear up DDS, here's a post from a prior thread I found:

TF2 in a Digital Devil Saga scenario.

DDS is a Playstation 2 game where factions of warriors are fighting each other like usual when an event changes things and suddenly they have these strange marks on their bodies, they can morph into demons, and oh yeah now they hunger for human flesh.

I can just totally see The Administrator taking this in stride and encouraging them to use their new abilities to fight each other.

112 .

A few suggestions I found in an older request thread:

-The RED and BLU teams are Mafia families that hate each other Reasons and what happens is up to author
-Someone once posted some concept art of Scout on discussion or somewhere, and looked like the spittin' image of Tetsuo from Akira (when he had short hair, anyway). That got me wondering "what would Scout do with supernatural powers of that magnitude?" Let's say 2Fort institutes a super-soldier program and uses our favorite mercenaries as guinea pigs. How would they use (or misuse) their newfound powers?
-Okay, this is just something ridiculous that occurred to me. So, tenta-babies, right? Tiny spies with tentacles. But if they are tiny spies, then they have tiny spy equipment, right? And if they have tiny spy-disguises, when they used them, wouldn't they just look like tiny team members? That are tiny? That just sounds like something adorable and horrifying to find in the sewers. 
Also adorable: Daddy tentaspy having a lot of trouble keeping track of all of them when they keep cloaking. Being parent to a hoard of tiny abominations must be hard. 

113 .

Cube crossover - or if anyone knows of one that has already been written, then the link to it.

114 .

>>113
Second

115 .

Mercs as benders (like in Avatar)

That is all.

Captcha: ceelan army. Make of that what you will.

116 .

I got another one:

The mercs somehow end up at Hogwarts, getting de-aged along the way, and become students.

Bonus points for:
-Scout on a broom
-Sniper in potions class
-Defense Against the Dark Arts (esp. if there's a boggart)

117 .

TF2/Chronicle (the 2012 film)

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)

118 .

If we say the mercs get out of the war and there's no respawn mumbo-jumbo, I'd be interested to see something detailing how/when they'd actually die.

Or something spooky where Spy has gone missing for years, and he starts calling the mercenaries

119 .

A couple of what-if scenarios:

-Nucleus Incident: BLUs get powers first
-Magical boys (I also suggested this in Afanfic)
-Rival a Capella groups

120 .

Also,

-A crossover/fusion with Dollhouse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_(TV_series))
-Genius!Scout

121 .

Guess who's got more requests? (And hopes they didn't kill the thread)

-In the BtVS episode "Hush," demons referred to as "the Gentlemen" steal voices so no one can scream as they gather the hearts they need. What if this happened in 2Fort? (For an Afanfic variant, two of the team take advantage of the silence to have sex.)
-Another BtVS episode crossover: the infamous episode "Halloween."
-A fic based off the Scrubs episode "My Musical." Bonus points if there's a romantic duet.

122 .

>>45 Please please please please please

123 .

I'm weird but I saw this tf2dirtyconfessions thingy on tumblr shipping young Blutarch and Redmond that got me thinking, and I was wondering if I could request that? Fluffy or whatever you like.
Delete Post:  
Report Post:  
More...
Captcha
124